In his new book 'the Court - A royal princess' cuisine princess Benedikte, who is the little sister to queen Margrethe, a harsh criticism of the crown princess Mary of denmark.
In any case, if you ask kongehuseksperten Søren Jakobsen.
to Here&Now, he believes that the criticism that princess Benedikte dishes in the section 'Princess Benedikte of Jetsettet', of the royal family's extravagant attire, is specifically aimed at crown princess Mary of denmark.
'When we are out for an event, we are there to promote a cause. We are there to provide publicity to a good cause and support the organisation concerned. Therefore, we should also not dress in the very expensive and overekstravagant clothes. I don't believe it is the trail well. It's also about that we need to keep feet firmly on the ground', says princess Benedikte in the book, which is written by journalist and author Anne Sofie Kragh and among other things, is based on interviews with princess Benedikte.
'You can go smartly dressed, without the need to be expensive. It is the art. That it does not cost it, it gives itself out to be. It was my mother, very clever, and she tried to give to us. (...) I had a bag with the other day, it is perhaps 40 years old. It is a little bit worn, but it looks not, when the music plays. (...) I was taught to buy quality, so that both the substance and the model can keep for many years. I could not dream of buying a skirt for a single season. You can easily use some clothes several times, so it is not called: 'Well, now she has got a new dress again'. It was some of them might be able to learn a bit of the', it sounds far from princess Benedikte in the book.
Intl. royal - 24. apr. 2019 - at. 14:54 Now talking to Mary about the tragedy in Sri Lanka
In the book points out, princess Benedikte also, it is important that the royal family does not become a part of the jetsettet.
'the Royal family should not be a part of the jetsettet and should never be the. (...) I think there is a tedious tendency that the press would like to portray us as if we are the film actors or part of the jetsettet. I don't think we need to comment each and every time. I am perhaps a little old-fashioned, but our role is not to act as film actors. (...) There is absolutely nothing wrong with the film actors, but we are not, and we do not want to be like them', she points out, among other things in the book.
In his new book, princess Benedikte, with more suppositories. Photo: Keld Navntoft
the Extra Leaf Søren Jakobsen, that he is not in doubt, that the criticism - especially of the extravagant attire - is aimed against crown princess Mary of denmark.
- the Criticism can only be directed against the most prominent woman in the royal family, crown princess Mary of denmark. She is the most encouraging, she has the most duties, and she has the biggest chance to appear in public. That is what she is employed to. She appears in the full equipment in public, and she has a big wardrobe available, he says to Ekstra Bladet.
According to his assessment, has princess Benedikte is a very clear message with the passage in the book.
it is here she will, of course, like to say that customs and the use of course developed, but it is to be a tad too much. It looks like soon the show, we look at the british royal family, where you see Megan, who has been made into a bathroom, a hanging unit, and has been equipped with a wardrobe for 700-800.000 dollars just on the occasion of her pregnancy, he says, and continues:
- Something similar looking with Mary. She has a very extensive wardrobe of expensive things. Being changed out and purchased new. She wears expensive jewelry that are unique to the design, and that's it, princess Benedikte addresses. She believes that it should not be a fashion show, and she speaks of, that we need to use more recycling. It is quite the opposite that happens. With prince Henrik and the crown prince has been screwed up for consumption, " says Soren Jakobsen.
Princess Benedikte lashing out at the crown princess Mary's manner of dress. Photo: Ritzau Scanpix
According to Søren Jakobsen is it a very unusual criticism, princess Benedikte dishes at princess Mary. She wont namely usually to keep a little in the background.
- the Criticism is actually rather subdued in shape. But it is very unusual for the princess Benedikte, which has always been a very conscientious and timid, to come up with such a criticism. It is sharp, and is actually also very toxic. I have never heard her come up with a single critical remark about his family, says Søren Jakobsen and comes with its assessment of why she just choose to do it now:
- There are several reasons as to why she is doing it now. She is more freedom in the royal family now than in the past, because the crown prince and crown princess take over more and more of the official duties. She should not be accountable for any in the same way anymore.
According to Søren Jakobsen is the princess Benediktes criticism is also a criticism of the crown prince Frederik. Photo: Mogens Flindt
- do you Think that the criticism would be no consequences?
- There is probably not anything, for the crown prince and crown princess, running his own race. But I think she has a point, and she does it in a nice way, which you can take forward at the next family reunion. She recommends that you show moderation, and to turn down the budget and thinks more on the resources. They do, in my opinion, not right now.
It has not been possible for the Extra Leaf to get a comment from the royal family.