The pre-Christmas drones-interfering actions at the London Gatwick airport, to give more mystery: A couple who had taken the investigators as the alleged author of the hours of drone flights, arrived on a Sunday, again on free foot. The search for the perpetrators continued. To facilitate the passengers, the situation on the UK's second largest airport returned to normal since Saturday.
on Friday evening arrested a 47-year-old man and 54-year-old woman from the neighboring town of Crawley had been released without charge, police said Sussex. They have fully cooperated with investigators and were no longer suspicious.
British media reports, it was the man, a former soldier who now works as a glazier. He should be an avid aircraft model Builder. His employer asserted that the 47-Year-old during the ongoing drone alarm had worked.
140'000 passengers affected
Because of the drone flights over the site of Gatwick had to the flight operations since Wednesday evening for almost 36 hours interrupted. About a thousand flights were diverted or were, about 140'000 passengers were affected. Many of them ended up stranded in Gatwick and had to sleep on the chairs or on the floor. After a new drone sighting on Friday evening the flights were suspended again for a short time.
in Total, around drones 50 Times the big airport spotted. According to a police spokesman it was not possible for the investigators to make the person or persons responsible. Finally, they came for the military to help, this cutting-edge technology available to get the aircraft on the track.
No suspicion of terror
Gatwick boss Stewart Wingate, the language, the incidents of a "precisely planned activity, with the aim of the airport to paralyze and to ensure maximum disabilities before Christmas". Of a terrorist Background, he and the authorities not to go there. That another state might be behind the drone flights, closed the authorities will also to a large extent. The media suspected to be behind the fact, more radical environmental activists or a disgruntled airport employees.
The airport of Gatwick issued a reward of 50'000 pounds for any Information which leads to the arrest of the perpetrators. The police asked the population to report suspicious observations.
To the relief of many passengers could take up to Gatwick on Saturday. Because of the confusion of the past few days, however, there were again delays, and Association payments, tents string.
transport Minister Chris Grayling spoke at the BBC of an "unprecedented operation". The backgrounds would need to be quickly clarified in order to draw "Lessons". Transport Secretary of state Elizabeth Sugg, announced "new measures" against the abusive use of drones. With the manufacturers, there were talks about a possible Geo-Tracking, in order to prevent drone flights in prohibited areas, said the newspaper "The Telegraph".
critics accuse the government to have the drone problem is not enough attention devoted to it. The newspaper "The Times" reported on Saturday, Grayling have pushed because of the Brexit-preparations for this year's proposed legislation for the better protection of airports against drones on the long Bank.
According to "Mail on Sunday" would have completed "the mess after a few hours," would not beat the offer of assistance by the military first. The opposition Labour party called for an independent investigation.
Already it is banned in the UK, the drones in the vicinity of aircraft and airports to ascend, also, you are not allowed to fly higher than 122 metres. In the case of a violation of the One-Kilometer no-fly zone for up to five years in prison.
The airport of London-Gatwick is located around 50 kilometers to the South of the British capital. Each year, handled 45 million passengers, although the airport has only one runway. (sep/AFP)
Created: 23.12.2018, 12:48 PM