ODESSA/OSLO (Dagbladet): - Many have asked me to give up. "Now, it's enough. I have to be happy with the answers I have received". But I will never give me, " says Irina Kratvsjenko to the Newspaper.They traveled to Norway to work - ended in a stone-cold tomb " Plus
We are back at the Ukrainian småbarnsmoren in Odessa. Christmas celebration in Ukraine is not similar to the Norwegian, here it is new year's eve which is the big familiedagen, but as Norway is førjulstida a time for the family.
But this year is not the celebration as bright for Irina and her four-year-old son Timofei.
It has been more than a month ago Dagbladet published a story about the her husband her Dimitrij Kravtsjenko, who disappeared without trace in the sea 4. september of this year. Originally went Dimitrij to Norway to work as snøkrabbefisker in the Smutthullet in the Barents sea.Krabbekrigen Dagbladet has revealed disgraceful conditions on board in the Latvian krabbefiskebåtene to Baltjura-serviss and told the story about the sailor Dimitrij Kravtsjenko who was away at sea. Read all the stuff here!
But when he disappeared, was on the boat on the way to Africa.THE UNKNOWN HELL: Dagbladet reveals the everyday life on board in snøkrabbe-boats that operated from Swansea. Video: Øistein Norum Monsen and Gunnar Thorenfeldt. Etterarbeide: Per Ervland Read the case here: https://www.dagbladet.no/magasinet/krabbekrigens-ofre/70428600 Show more
Now is the family that was the three become two: Irina and her son Timofei.
surely We aren't going to celebrate the new year at all. Just quiet and unassuming collect us without any particular extra, " says Irina.at HOME WITH his SON: Dagbladet was with the then-small Timofei and Irina made herself ready for kindergarten: - He resembles more and more on his father for every day that passes, " says Irina to Dagbladet. Photo: Øistein Norum Monsen. Show more Still silent,
Irina went to the Newspaper for help. Get answers on what happened with her husband. Whoever it was that owned the boat he sailed on. And why she does not have a claim on a replacement for himself and his son.
Yet she has not received any response from Baltjura-Serviss, the company that owns the boats man her worked on. The newspaper has repeatedly tried to get a comment from the company's general manager, Aleksandras Ramanauskas.- Indonesian sailor sent home with ulcers and without money
Ramanauskas has instead asked the Newspaper to talk with the Latvian lobbyisten Didzis Šmits. He is the president of the organization European Crabbing Association, which among other things, represent the company Baltjura-Serviss.
But he has also refused to answer Irinas questions.
the Newspaper has also uncovered the disgraceful working conditions on board the boats to the shipping company. Dagbladet documentation shows the dirty living conditions, illegal long working hours, leaks, lack of supplies and emergency electrical installations.
Our documentation also shows that indonesiere have been recruited to the boats with slavekontrakter, which shows that they have gotten all the way down to 4000 dollars a month for 18 timersdager seven days a week.Dimitrij died at sea. Now try the wife to find out what happened
not bemanningsselskapet Mayking Management, which is registered on the Seychelles, has black on her or Dagbladet inquiries.
the Latvian police have previously said to the Newspaper that they are investigating the death, but the last time, it has not succeeded Dagbladet to get answers on what happens with the investigation.Planned crab-swoop in Swansea - No reply
Then the boat, where Dimitrij had been on board when he disappeared, finally came to land in South Korea, thought Irina, that anything should happen.
But after the " get lit, it happened nothing. No police came. And no investigation was done.
the Boat Dimitrij worked on, "Kalmar", should now have been sold on to another company. And crew and captain are spread for all winds.
- No one will answer the questions of my. Since we talked last, I have not heard anything - either from the company or the company that was listed as my husband's employer, tells Irina.
And at home, is it not easier to tell the son Timofei what has happened.
- What shall I say? He talks all the time about his father: "I and the dad are going to buy it. We are going to do it". But I'm not ready to give up hope quite yet. I want to keep it a little bit.STA: - I'm not going to give me before it has come some answers. They are going to notice that I'm stubborn, " says Irina to Dagbladet. Photo: Øistein Norum Monsen. Show more - We will help
Many have allowed themselves to move by Irinas story.
I'm 2000 miles away and the only thing I can help with is financial aid. There was no alternative. It just had to do, " says Andreas Hansen from the company Surveyor 1.
They collected money to Irina among other things on the christmas table.
- It is the employees I am proud of. They gave a thousand dollars each to a strange man who needed help, " he says.
Toine S. Sannes from Sortland start a fundraising to the small Ukrainian family. To date, they have collected more than 50 000.Can be Latvia's next Norwegian trade and industry minister - refuses to say who he is working for the
- It was a spontaneous reaction. We all know someone who has lost someone at sea. Both before in time and now, " says Sannes, who tells us that it is primarily individuals who have contributed.
- It is the common people, who live along the coast, which has helped. There are many fishermen. People from Lofoten and northwards, which has given small and not so small contribution, " says Sannes.- Big hearts
Irina is touched over all the support:
- When you came here the first time, I thought that it was going to be an article. And that was that. But then all this happened. And all the norwegians who have cared. I'm overwhelmed. It is so beautiful to see that the norwegians have such a big heart, " says Irina.
But she stresses that for her, isn't this about money.
- For me it's about finding the truth. To find out what happened with my husband and the father of my children. It is the company must answer.
After the Newspaper started to ask questions about the working conditions on board the boats to Baltjura-Serviss, was the website of the European Crabbing Association taken down. Šmits has not answered why he has removed the web page.
Read Dagbladet comment about the tv debate with Šmits here!
During the interview, said Šmits that they will not provide any insurance or compensation before "the facts of the case are fully and completely brought it clean".Who owns the boats?
But who owned really ship Dimitrij worked on? The newspaper has tracked down that the Latvian Baltjura-serviss is owned by the Lithuanian company, which until recently operated a beauty salon in the Lithuanian port of Klaipeda.
In the Lithuanian documents are a Russian from Vladivostok listed as the owner.
the Newspaper has earlier written that the company Polar Group itself has stated that the owner "Baltjura-Serviss" on their own websites.
But after the Newspaper started asking questions, the company, has also removed its own website. Just like the organization to Didzis Šmits.
And just like Šmits, will not the company to answer why they have removed the web page. But during the televised debate came Šmits with the following answer on who really stands behind the boats:
"There are two russians who own the company. It is the facts. But it is limited what I can say. It has been discussed in the management's closed meetings", he said during the tv debate.
Back in Odessa is Irina determined to not give up the fight.
- I'm not going to give me before it has come some answers. They are going to notice that I'm stubborn, " says Irina to Dagbladet.Is this helvetesbåtens unknown owner?