for years, TV2 two had a feel promotes, and this time it finally succeed for the tv station to get a signature from a 'dancing with the stars'-contract from Mikkel Kessler.
In other words, the former world champion in the super middleweight said yes to lace up dancing shoes and get the hips loose, when TV2 for the autumn kicks off 16. season of dansedysten. It writes tv2.dk, and the opposite Ekstra Bladet confirms Kessler its participation in the danseprogrammet.
The 40-year-old boxer nicknamed " The Viking Warrior is from his sport used to be quick on his feet, but whether it can be transformed into the elegant steps on the floor, doubt Mikkel Kessler even.
- I do not think that it will be an advantage, he says with a laugh to Extra Magazine.
- It is something a bit different to be easy to pin in a boxing ring than on a dance floor, says Mikkel Kessler and tells that it is a second dolly sportsman, which has drawn him into this year's dansedyst.
- For eight or nine years ago, I was in the city with the Michael Maze. The time we gave the handshake on that, if one had to be with 'dancing with the stars', should the other also. We have both been asked all year, but have said no. But then he called suddenly earlier in the year and told that he was about to sign a contract....so there was like no way around for me, laughing Mikkel Kessler.
He reached, however, to be a little concerned about whether TV2 would ask him in years.
- But they did, he says.
- you Can say that you even were pressured to be with?
Ha Ha... One must keep what one promises, says Kessler, who will do everything he can to beat the 37-year-old table tennis player.
- We are the konkurrencemennesker both. But I know that the Maze does not have a rhythm in the bodies, the sounds of the teasers from the boxer.
on the other hand, I know also that he is good to play down. The claim that he can't figure it out, but then he gives it 500 percent in order to win, says Mikkel Kessler.
It was Michael Maze, who got tricked Mikkel Kessler in this year's 'dancing with the stars'. Photo: Stine Bidstrup/Ritzau
Michael Maze is the OLYMPICS-bronzevinder. In Athens in 2004 and won the bat-man medal in doubles with his partner Finn Tugwell, and if Mikkel Kessler get one dance more than the Maze in the 'dancing with the stars', is he satisfied.
Smoking he out as number three and I like number four, it's fine. But of course, I would like to win it all, says The Viking Warrior.
Mikkel Kessler was last summer married with Lea White, Kessler, and together they have children, Romeo and Rosa-Lia. The couple are expecting their third child, coming to the world shortly. In the immediate family are also the marrow of their bones, But-babe, Linse Kessler.