the Dispute between the mesterbokseren Yvonne Bæk Rasmussen and Kerteminde Municipality, who before christmas led to the boxer was reported to the police for defamation, has now escalated further.
Rasmussen does not bend, even though the municipal pressure and will not be silenced, as she puts it. She has therefore announced as mayor, and Kasper Olesen and kommunaldirektør Tim Jeppesen to the police to have ’lodged false complaints’, as it is called in the criminal code section 165.
- They have gone in the ring with the wrong one. They have only notified me, because they will limit my freedom of speech, and it will, of course, I do not accept, says Yvonne Bæk Rasmussen to Ekstra Bladet.
It is london, New York, that Friday brings the news of Rasmussen's counter-review. In deep frustration over its years of struggle against Kerteminde Municipality in order to ensure his sick son the necessary treatment, published she before christmas on Facebook a sharp attack on a former head of the municipality.
In the advertisement she did, the manager responsible for several of the citizens of extravagant death due to lack of treatment. The sharp choice of words could be a criminal offence, assessed the municipality's lawyer, after which kommunaldirektør Tim Jeppesen and mayor Kasper Olesen asked Yvonne Bæk Rasmussen delete the advertisement.
As it did not happen, she was reported to the police. She since has moderated his language in the advertisement, has not appeased the municipality, which wants to let the case take its course through the legal system.
the Article continues under the picture ...
Yvonne Brook Rasmussen, last year when she had just won the Eindhoven Box Cup. Photo: Private.
the Notification is, however, in itself a criminal offence, but merely serves the purpose to close the mouth of a critical citizen, assesses Yvonne Bæk Rasmussen.
- I believe that it is an offence to lodge an unfounded complaint to the police to get an innocent citizen is punished. I believe I have the right to criticize public officials and especially the public servants with leadership responsibilities, says Yvonne Bæk Rasmussen.
She considers it every person's right to express themselves critically against the powers that be, and she emphasises that she has not called for violence or other criminal acts. Her expression is attempted, violated, she thinks, and she will fight to the last to defend.
- I stand firm. It is not okay to threaten people, when you are sitting in a position of power, which they do. They should help the citizens to report them, says Yvonne Rasmussen.
Kommunaldirektør Tim Jeppesen does not want to comment on the new developments in the case, while mayor Kasper Olesen (S) stresses that the municipality has acted in accordance with the guidelines for use of social media, as the municipality's main committees drew up last year. He affirms, that no one in the municipality has threatened Yvonne Rasmussen.
- We informed her that her lookup according to the municipality's lawyer is a criminal offence, and that we would notify her, if it was not deleted. There was an orientation and not a threat, says Kasper Olesen to Ekstra Bladet.
- the Lookup was not deleted, and so we had to report it to the police. It is drønærgerligt that it came so far. I sought dialogue, but it came not, says the mayor.
the 37-year-old Yvonne Bæk Rasmussen is defending nordic champion and has as its highest goal in their career to participate in the OLYMPICS in Tokyo next year.
Boxing - 12. jan. 2016 - pm. 19:32 Here is the Danish OLYMPIC hopeful in boxing
Sports and Games Danish men, incredible transformation: From overweight to a champion
Sports and Games Verdensmesterens major downturn I have lost everything