Several places in the country are the danes up to a white christmas. And there is a chance that the snow will stay until in the afternoon.
It tells the duty officer meteorologist at the Danish Meteorological Institute Frank Nielsen.
- It will be a really nice christmas this year. There is a bit of snow cover in Vendsyssel, in Syddjurs, in northern Zealand and on Bornholm. And the places where it has not snowed in, get the sun to look forward, reads the announcement.
the Day starts out with 1-3 degrees of frost. Warmest it gets in the south and South - west Jutland.
If the snow will stay to in the afternoon, we can talk about a 'local white christmas', says Frank Nielsen.
- It is quite nice weather throughout the day. First, during the course of the evening it begins to blow up and become cloudy.
on Christmas eve will be with a different kind of precipitation, namely rain. However, not more than a few millimeters, says DMI.
From Tuesday to Friday looking days almost similar, and according to DMI, it becomes a mild week with temperatures between five and eight degrees.
And it is not at all abnormal with temperatures on the warm side of the thermometer, says Frank Nielsen:
- It is clear that it is to the warm side, but to beat the record, we need to get up around 10-12 degrees. When it is so warm, due to the mild winds from the northwest, says Frank Nielsen.
- So all in all it will be a roadworthy christmas, but this morning you should be aware of slippery roads.
In the course of the week it will rain and be cloudy.
Several frontal systems are opposite to pass through the country, will hold on to the warm temperatures.
- I expect local showers especially Thursday and Friday, but we get rid of the big rains, says Frank Nielsen.
- It is lucky that christmas eve is today, for the rest of the week there is no snow to see.
Community - 23. dec. 2018 - at. 08:06 Here is snowing it is for real
Community - 22. dec. 2018 - at. 09:13 DMI confirms: - Someone will get a white christmas