According to the trade magazine is an electrical fault and welding common triggering factors, and because it also often is inferior to the fire protection during renovation works, such as the absence of firewalls, increasing the risk of proliferation if a fire starts.
is not uncommon in Sweden, writes Byggnadsarbetaren and lists some examples from Stockholm:
• the SALK-hallen, Alvik, 1993. The tennis arena was under renovation, with the ongoing welding work in the plant's boiler room. The entire building burned to the ground.
• Biblioteksgatan 9/Jakobsbersgatan 6, Norrmalm, 2017. Turn of the century house was completely spent, in a fast fire. After the police investigation, it is believed that the fire probably started by svetsgnistor from the construction site.
• Folksamhuset, Skanstull, 1968. Fire due to faulty connection at the electrical installation. The same year there was a total of about a thousand fires on construction sites, of which four out of ten was due to svetsningsarbeten gone wrong.
• Operakällaren restaurant, Stockholm, 1961. A major fire occurred at the banquet hall and caused major damage. The reason was to svetsningsarbete.
• the haga Park, Solna, 1953. One of the three koppartält that was erected during the end of the 1700s, burned down in connection with the renovation work.
an investigation to try to identify the cause of the fire in the Notre-Dame cathedral, a job which, however, can be difficult given the large-scale destruction.
According to the initial information started the fire in an attic area, in a place that was surrounded by scaffolding for renovation work, and several workers have been interviewed by the investigators. The police, however, have not yet presented a theory of probable brandorsak.Link to the graphics