The democratic senator Kamala Harris opened Sunday formally his campaign ahead of the u.s. presidential election in 2020.
in Front of city hall in his hometown of Oakland, she promised the many attendees to unite the UNITED states, who suffer from deep divisions - both socially, culturally and politically.
She puts up in order to fight against those who 'are trying to instill hatred and division'.
- We are here because the american dream is under attack, and our american democracy is at stake as never before, it sounded from the stairs at the Oakland town hall.
- We are here at a time when we must answer a fundamental question. Who are we as americans?
- So let us answer this question. We are better than this.
Kamala Harris is the daughter of a black man from Jamaica and a woman from India. Photo: AFP
Kamala Harris said in his speech, never the us president, Donald Trump. Nevertheless, it was clear who she was referring to.
- When we have leaders who are harassing and attacking the free press and it undermines our democratic institutions, then it's not our UNITED states, said Harris and added:
- When the followers of white supremacist marches and kills in Charlottesville or kills innocent people in a synagogue in Pittsburgh, then it's not our UNITED states.
Kamala Harris has just been sitting in the u.s. Senate in two years. Anyway, she chose a week ago to declare his candidacy for the elections.