Borussia Dortmund's Thomas Delaney was crestfallen, as he should evaluate ahead of Wednesday's Champions League match away to Tottenham.
The Danish national team were to lose 0-3 away to Tottenham in the first of two first knockout round.
- We lost it all on the floor. It was a good team we met.
- We failed to keep the confrontation alive. They showed their top level and we didn't hit the level we wanted, " says Delaney for TV3+.
Behind 0-1, it was all to live with for Dortmund, but to lose by three goals without scoring hurt.
- We created perhaps the chances which we could have expected, and a 0-1 defeat could even be a useful result for us, but now it will be very difficult.
- It will be different at home. We sold ourselves too cheaply in the away game, but I do not throw in the towel yet. But let's be honest. It will not be easy, says Delaney.
Dortmund coach Lucien Favre was particularly unhappy with the second half, where the germans have not stood strong enough on the defensive and cashed all three goals.
- We played well in the first half, and they did not create many chances. We defended well and attacked well.
- We lost the ball, which was what Tottenham wanted. They made a tværpasning with the same. And then there was the goal for 1-0. Unfortunately, it was a gift, says the coach.
He acknowledges that Dortmund contend with some problems for the time being, as it in Saturday's bundesligakamp managed to throw away a 3-0 lead over a track and just play the 3-3 at home against Hoffenheim.
- There are periods of a season, where things are not running quite optimally. It is what it is. We have to analyse and work hard to avoid and correct these mistakes, say, Favre.
Dortmund-kantspilleren Jadon Sancho, however, does not completely up yet.
- I have no words for this. They deserved to win. We lost the focus. Son (Heung-min) is a good player, but hopefully we can handle him better in the second leg. We are still in it here, and we have to believe in it, said Sancho.
In the second camp was Christian Eriksen proud of how Tottenham have fared without the stars Harry Kane and Share Alli in recent weeks.
Against Dortmund, it was Son Heung-min, Jan Vertonghen and Fernando Llorente, who scored in the 3-0 victory.
In the Premier League, Tottenham won the last four games in a row. It has happened in the period, when Kane and Alli have been out with injuries.
- Kane and Alli are two players that usually play, but other players have managed to take over. It has done that we can play on even more strict. And we know we can win fodboldkampene, says Eriksen to TV3+.
the Dane. commends in particular the teammate Son Heung-min, who has taken a great read on the offensive at the latest.
- Son is a class guy who really works, as I don't know what. He is always full of energy, and it is brilliant to play along with him, says Eriksen.
Sports and Games Agent-the wife plays havoc with his career
Sports and Games 'Is that they are not in the playoffs, so it's a disappointment'
Sports and Games The forbidden switch - why is the new AGF is controversial