NEW YORK (Dagbladet): the Us president, Donald Trump, held in the night, Norwegian time, the traditional speech about the country's condition ("State of the Union").
With the distinctive red tie at snei, he went on the pulpit and gave a speech that lasted 83 minutes. Not surprisingly, he concluded that the United state was "strong".
should be a speech that talked about bipartisan cooperation and unity, was Trump really pretty stridslysten. He went after Democrats, and he described his own immigration policy as a moral question, " says journalist Alex Wayne, who covers The white house for Bloomberg News, to Dagbladet.- We would have been in the war Abortion
He continued to defend his position in immigration policies and for building a wall on the border with Mexico. He warned also that he will meet the north Korean dictator Kim Jong-un to a new meeting in Vietnam 27. and 28. February.
Wayne responded also especially on Trumps statements about abortion. The u.s. president drew up changes in the legislation in Virginia and New York.
- Trump claimed that the Virginia-governor Ralph Northam "said that he would execute a baby after birth". It said never the governor. Trump stirs up very dark and divisive feelings with the way he talked about this, " says Wayne.
He believes this was a speech that was primarily aimed at the conservative kjernevelgerne.
It was not the most well-written speech I have ever heard. It contained a number of false representations, but to be a speech that lasted 83 minutes, was there fewer lies than one could expected from Trump. We get almost give him a little salute, " says Wayne, and emphasizes that he is talking with a little sarcasm.Criticized before the speech Divide and conquer
Also professor David Birdsell, who is the dean of Marxe School of Public and International Affairs at Baruch College in New York and a prolific expert on american politics believes that Trump failed to enthuse anyone other than kjernevelgerne.
- He came with some tiny nod to the Democrats. But, for example, 500 million dollars over ten years to fight cancer among children, is not a lot of money. Instead, he continued to use the Trump administration's most divisive talepunkter about the crisis on the border with Mexico. He also drew up divisive topics such as abortion, " says Birdsell to the Newspaper.PROFESSOR: David Birdsell. Photo: Private Show more
He believes kjernevelgerne allowed himself to be embraced.
- Many people wonder if we're moving towards a new shutdown of the federal sector, but Trump did nothing to get the Democrats in the face.
He also responds to the Trumps lies and false representations.
- He exaggerates and blows up the arbeidsmarkedstallene. And he comes with grotesque representations of how grensemur have solved all the problems in the San Diego and El Paso. A more friendly dealer would probably have tried to find a solution where he got the money for a grensemur against him, for example, gave considerable honor to the Democrats for another border security. But Trump offers nothing, " says Birdsell.- Shocking ironic
The experienced meningsmålingseksperten John Zogby believes Trump had a relatively good night.
- He stuck to the message and got to talk about things the administration his has been, despite all the claims that it is almost in complete resolution. At the same time, it is shockingly ironic that the man who closed down the public sector now talking about how great everything is. Before the speech was almost all concerned about it being a new abandonment about ten days. And we know this is still not the answer, " says Zogby to Dagbladet.MENINGSMÅLINGSEKSPERT: John Zogby. Photo: Vegard Kristiansen Kvaale / Dagbladet Show more
He believes Trump tried to reach out to others than kjernevelgerne by talking about how well it goes with the economy.
He spoke among other things about the record number of women and african-americans in work. The first half of the speech seemed to be an attempt to talk to the whole american people. Then he became more divisive, " says Zogby.
He believes Trump came through the speech without too many blisters, but think a couple of statements will be adherent by him.
- When he said "if I had not been elected president, we would have been in a gigantic war with North Korea right now", is an example where I noticed that no one clapped. There were a few such moments, as Trump did not come out well.
Zogby did not impress over the language.
It was as expected from Trump. He is not known for his eloquence, and often using very childish twists.Langet out during the meeting before the speech